Complete utilization of resources by fish cum poultry farming
S. Manjeet Singh
Block & District
Area under fish farming
Technical guidance, Field visits
Description of Unit
* S. Manjeet Singh is doing fish cum poultry farming with fish-pond in 2.5 acre and poultry shed constructed over fish pond.
* Rearing fish in 2.5 acre pond with 1000 poultry birds of White leghorn.
* He used to provide feed to birds daily @100-110 g per bird and rearing fish totally on the poultry droppings.
* He used to maintain water quality with four paddle wheel aerator, using KMnO4 as disinfectant and has applied fine nylon thread netting for prevention from predatory birds.
* Grown vegetables and fruits over and near pond dykes.